Sunday 15 January 2017

Wow - A flying start to 2017

Well, already, I have broken the resolution to keep this blog more up to date! But the reason being is that the start to the year has been crazy busy with lots of exciting things.

Firstly, I am prepping like a mad woman for the West Midland's Valentines signing, which was all a bit last minute. As a result I am swagging and crafting and designing for the printers at a rapid speed having thought that my signing season wasn't going to actually start until May. It would be lovely to see some of you in Telford, West Midlands. There are still tickets available but they are going quick so be sure to grab yours a.s.a.p - there are going to be some really cool author folk signing and it promises to be a really good weekend.

Secondly, I have been working on my novella for the Love in The Decades series. The series I am taking part in is Love in the 90's and my year is 1997. The title for my story is 'LOVE FOOL' after that song seemed to be played continually all through out the year. It is so exciting doing historical research for a time period I actually lived through --- ha! History of my teenage years lol. I can't wait to share this story with you, and the main character - she's insane LOL!

Also, after a couple of worrying review comments about some of the *editing* of The Meadowsweet Chronicles, I have been doing an emergency review of the books in the series. As with all my books, I have paid someone to edit and proof read the editions before going to print. It's impossible to do it yourself as an author because you actually go word blind - reading things and automatically correcting things that are wrong. HOWEVER, it soon became apparent that the proof checking phase had not been done adequately; which is really very disappointing and certainly not good enough. As a result, I have enlisted a new proof reader who I know personally and who I trust completely.

It is planned that by the end of January all the editions will be in a much cleaner (almost perfect) state - although I don't promise you 100% perfect; it's an incredibly rare thing, even with traditionally published books to have a flawless book - and of course there are always going to be pedants about old traditional grammar versus vernacular, and of course, those pesky comma usages.

However, 2017 is all about polishing and nurturing and that goes for the books, too. I love the Meadowsweet Chronicles and I believe in it, which is why sometimes you have to tread old ground before exciting new lands.

SO that's what I've been doing in the last couple of weeks and why the blog has not yet become the beautifully consistent thing I know it will come by the end of the year.

Thanks for all your support and care, and I look forward to sharing some exciting new reads in 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment